Im feeling bad and guilty that every feels so dang bad for us. We are perfectly fine, a little on edge, but perfectly fine. We have learned a great lesson this year and it is to make sure our house is locked better, and that you cant buy Christmas!!
First off, everyone is wondering the whole story, yes we got robbed. we left to go up to Salt Lake the Sunday before Christmas and came back Christmas Eve to find that some idiot broke into our house and tried to take Christmas. we only lost presents under the tree to eachother and my family, presents hidden in the dressers, and all our jewelry gone. BIG deal, it can all be replaced, and they did NOT find all the kids presents that i had hidden REALLY good, thank goodness, cuz its all that matters!! we feel so incredibly blessed and lucky that it wasnt worse. They could have taken important stuff, and damaged and destroyed our house but they did not. No golf clubs missing, or family videos or important things:) just a creepy feeling left but we are getting over it, now that all our windows and glass doors have rods so no one can get in again! (thanks to dad who went to Home depot a day later to make us safe:) my family also jumped in the car that night drove in a blizzard until 5 in the morning to save our Christmas spirits, and they definetly did that! We had the BEST Christmas EVER!! you truly cant buy it, we have had more things dropped by our door with sweet cards, and so many gifts, that means so much to us that people care about us that much! what great friends, neighbors and family we have who have made this year the absolute best! THANK you THANKyou you know who you are:) we love you all so much!
the kids had no idea anything even happened, they were asleep before we even noticed and had the best year ever! so here are some pictures of them:) they were so excited Santa came to our house!! (and woke up to Grandma and Grandpa and Uncles sleeping here too:)

![]() |
hope you all had a wonderful holiday! happy new year!!

14 comments:
OH my gosh amy, that is insane! I love how positive you are about it, and that it ended up being such a neat Christmas with your family - it makes me cry! I hope all is well and that the creepy invaded feeling goes away - how awful! Your kids are the cutest, so of course that makes everything ok. right? *hugs*
I still can't believe that happened! That is creepy! Im glad that you have had a good Christmas admist everything. You have the best attitude!!
Oh my goodness. Wow, I can't believe it. I'm so sorry you had to come home to that. I'm so glad that they left the kid's presents and the important things. And I am so glad to hear that the kids couldn't even tell, you guys were safe and had a great christmas. I hope 2009 turns out great for the McKinlay's. Lots of love.
I seriously can't believe people would steal your christmas presents but it doesn't sound like they stole your CHRISTmas spirit! I'm so glad they left the house intact and didn't take the videos and pictures. Happy New Year! Let's try to hang out at least three times this year!!!
That still bugs me that people like that are out in our neighborhood!! Glad you still had a great Christmas! I love the picutures of the kids, the are the cutest!
I really can't believe that happened! Great lesson for all of us! You have such a great attitude!
I just found out that this happened to you guys. It's absolutley unbelievable! I am so sorry....Oh, and your kids are so cute!! Kylee is such a smiler....
Amy! I can't believe that happened to you guys! That is so horrible. I hate that there are people out there that would do such a thing! I'm so happy you still had a great christmas! Remember that year that the same thing happened to my parents house, I think we were in like 8th grade. It was awful. And I agree that the worst is the creepy feeling of having someone go through all your stuff and not feeling secure in your own home. I'm glad your family came up and helped you be safe and secure again. I'm sorry, that sucks so bad. :)
We were so sad to hear what happened, but know you both have such great love & support. That is so awesome that your family drove down to surprise you. We wish we had family like that too.
Your family is so sweet & special.
I'm glad you didn't let that ruin your Christmas. What a great family to come down right away. That's my biggest fear when we leave town. We set the alarm, hide stuff in the weirdest places, and take pictures of everything. Unfortunately, break ins are somewhat common around here. So sorry to hear that happened!!!
How awful! It is horrible how someone can rob you of your sense of security just like that! I'm glad to hear all is well now. Good for you taking away a positive from the whole experience Kudos:0) Cute cute cute little ones!
What in the world! I heard nothing of this! That scares me.. I've told you what a freak I am about being home alone now I'll never be able to. Creepy! We need some kind of neighborhood watch.
I'm glad that they didn't ruin your Christmas, you are such a good example.
That is so freaky. You just feel so violated. So glad you are surrounded by lots of loving friends and have a wonderful family. Dang.
https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-berhenti-merokok-dan-meningkatkan-stamina-untuk-perokok-aktif
Post a Comment